From:
joelmags <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 13:42:13 +0800
Hello Jim (King)!

I have tried all sorts of containers and container materials for beeswax and
would recommend the following, depending upon your projected use:

1. For bulk storage: Stainless steel hemispherical gallon bowls. These are
perfect for solar beeswax melters. Beeswax does not readily stick to
stainless steel. The hemispherical shape leaves no corners and flat surfaces
that the liquid wax can cling to. If you prefer to heat your beeswax on a
stove, do not get it too hot because it will tend to stick. Pour it as soon
as it all melts.
2. For slow use in candlemaking: Dixie cups are best. Beeswax will tend to
stick to the plastic, but you can tear it to unmold the wax.
3. Hand spray soapy water (use liquid soap or dishwasher detergent) into
your molds just before you pour in the beeswax. I have found that I can work
faster when I use rainwater for beeswax processing and for making the
release agent.
4. By the way, I use a solar melter for cappings and salvaging beeswax from
old combs. During our monsoon season, I use an overflow hot water press.

Joel F. Magsaysay
ILOG MARIA HONEYBEE FARMS
Cavite Highlands, Philippines
(063) 46-865-0018