From:
"Susan L. Nielsen" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Aug 2001 09:46:38 -0700
On Thu, 2 Aug 2001, John Vos wrote:

> I used a simple
> reflex camera but with a so-called "BALGE" mounted to it which held the
> lens. I am familiar with the word balge
> here in Europe, but could not find the word it in the dictionary.

I didn't have much luck with dictionaries, either, but found that
Googling on various combinations yields a concordance between
German "balge" and English "bellows."  I didn't actually find
"balge" in use in a photo context, but did find both in a couple
of forges! I think, at least in the US, that shopping for a bellows
would get you better results.

Susan
--
[log in to unmask]    |"The only reason for being a bee that I
Shambles Workshops      |know of is making honey."-- Winnie the Pooh