From:
Isis Glass <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jan 2006 12:25:19 +0000
quote:
the swarms found and documented as so-called AHBs, were found next to our SC
apiaries

Ms. Dee Lusby,

In the past few days you have used the phrase "so-called AHBs" many times. I
sincerely believe that you owe this group an explanation. We, who do not
live in a completely Africanized state, like AZ, are still hoping to avoid
owning this type of bee. You acknowledge that the "so-called AHB's" are in
your area and have been for over a decade. What is a "so-called AHB"? How do
YOU tell them apart from other bees? What kind of bees do you have and how
do they differ from the other bees in your area? If one reads carefully
through the papers that were cited, one would have to conclude that it would
be nearly impossible to keep bees in Southern AZ without having them become
Africanized. If it is possible to prevent this from occurring, you should
explain how it is done in a clear way so that others could profit from your
experience. If "so-called AHBs" are not Africanized bees, what are they?

Ms. Isis Glass