From:
Harry Sweet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Jan 1997 22:12:47 -0500

<<  I was quite concerned and you helped. I had to kill a lawn
 last September and had applied roundup. The lawn was covered in
 Dandelions and with all my best efforts I couldn't avoid spraying a lot
 of bees. The honeyflow hereabouts in June is R. procerus/discolor which
 is the king of weeds<g> and unlikely to be effected much by the roundup
 but I thought the bees might suffer.

 ...Stuart >>

 Birds and bees and snails all benefit from dandelions, yet for some
reason we think of them as a noxious weeds that must be irradicated.

Harry Sweet
N. California