From:
Robin Wells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Sep 1996 10:20:06 -0400
> I agree 100 percent.  In working with other beekeepers I have very
> rarely seen wearing gloves and sensitive (to the bees) manipulations.
> Gloves almost always seem to go with bad tempered bees.  I can work the
> same hive without gloves and rerely ever get stung.

I agree, although I have often wondered if it is our sensitivity to the
temperament of the bees, or are we simply more gentle and cautious in our
tampering?  As we ourselves are at higher risk is it not possible we
consciously or unconsciously are more gently with the colony?  If so is it
not also possible that this directly affects their reactions?

Having said that, weather and time of day also has a big impact as we all
know.

I have noticed that gloves do make an impact, I always attributed it to the
above though.