Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2000 15:51:27 EST
Peter
Chris Utting, our Gen Secretary, has asked me to supply the following info.
The DBKA sub is £22 p a.  This is broken down as follows:-
10 issues of BEEKEEPING magazine            4.20
BBKA capitation fee                             7.50
DBKA capitation fee                             3.50
BDI insce for 2 hives                           1.00
Retained for Branch own resources               5.80
In addition, many members covenant their subs.  Any tax refunds go to their
branches.  We got £1909 for tax year 1998/99.
Joint members pay £9.70 pa, and associates pay £2.20 pa.
There are many benefits, but each branch is slightly different.  Apart from
automatic cover for every member of the BBKA public liability and product
liability insce, in Tavistock we have six winter meetings with guest
speakers, every saturday (virtually) between mid April and end Sept,there is
a branch apiary meeeting where Queen rearing and gneral Beekeeping is done.
New members gain valuable experience.
All DBKA members can attend the County AGM, which is linked to Presidents day
where we have outside speakers.  This costs members nothing.  Discounts are
given to all members for Seale Weekend every two years. In between years is a
Buckfast Bee Day which is also subsidised.
In Tavistock, books and videos are available at no cost. All in all pretty
good value for money!!
Regards
David Milford
Hon Treasurer DBKA