From:
Chris Slade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 May 2010 18:29:46 EDT

In a message dated 21/05/2010 13:50:38 GMT Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

My bees  need to build comb.  I read somewhere in this list to use a  light
syrup to encourage them to build comb faster.

Why do they need to build comb? How do you know?  Is it their need or
yours you are writing about? If nectar is coming in they will create somewhere
to store and process it, given sufficient room.  If there is no income,
what's the point? They will save their energy (and extend their  lifespan) for
a better time.

If you are set on feeding syrup I suggest that you add some blue food dye
to it. Then you will know where it ends up and will avoid the risk of
deceiving  yourself and defrauding your customers as blue honey is unknown. I
can't think  of any natural blue foods at all.

Chris