From:
Dave Cushman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 16:39:59 -0000
----- Original Message -----
From: Jerry J Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>

Hi all

Electric knives and steam heated ones work OK but they are slow compared to
what we have been discussing.

> if you want to conserve energy, an uncapping comb?

Same point even slower!

There is another way that is finding favour in the UK...Hot air guns are
sold for softening paint to allow stripping. A quick blast from one of these
melts the capping in the centre of each cell and surface tension pulls the
melted wax to the rim of the cell. I have not tried this personally but I am
told it is quick but wax is splattered about in the process.

Not a method for me as I value the wax that I remove ( sometimes cold,
sometimes electric knife).

Regards From:- Dave Cushman, G8MZY
Beekeeping and Bee Breeding, website
http://website.lineone.net/~dave.cushman