HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Gretchen Ward <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Apr 2018 16:39:03 +0000
It looks very similar to pieces I have that my father brought back from when he was in the Pacific during WWII and after. In the years after the war during occupation, the PX would carry knockoffs that copy earlier styles. I’ve been told that most of what I have is of that nature. According to stories my father told, the sailors were discouraged from buying from local vendors and sellers off base, so a lot of what came back to the States from that period weren’t “authentic.” For what it’s worth.

Gretchen Ward

Sent from my iPhone