From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 2006 17:45:01 -0800
Regarding the press release on work at LANL, John Edwards said :
"...this DARPA-funded scam has been going on for much too long. It is
not ever going to be an effective tool, and ... populated areas of
Iraq/Afghan. now have explosives residues on their surfaces."

Hi Guys,
I've spent some time seeing Jerry's presentations, and looking at his data.
I'm pretty impressed!  And I'm tough to impress.
I think Jerry's land mine work has the potential to save a lot of innocent
lives.  And the spinoffs are only limited by your imagination (or lack
thereof).
On a more pragmatic note for beekeepers and agriculture, some of his new
developments could really help beekeepers, and the military is paying for
the basic research.  For example, he's got incredible data on how
bee-emitted sound frequencies correlate with colony problems.  His laser
tracking could also be used to determine bee foraging in almonds, for
instance.

He hasn't mentioned this to me (you listening, Jerry?), but how about a bee
scent scanner that we train our own bees, then wave it in front of colonies
to determine queenrightness, africanization, foulbrood, chalkbrood, or
varroa levels in seconds?
He has the technology to develop this.

Randy Oliver