From:
Randy Oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Dec 2006 21:29:19 -0800
Bob Harrison wrote:

>I reported on BEE-L that I saw bees in Florida crashing from virus( PMS)
>when varroa loads were not above what Keith Delaplane and others considered
>treatment threshold.

I've seen the same in my colonies at FAR lower levels than Delaplane
recommends.  At the first sign of virus, thresholds go out the window.

>My own testing which I also reported on BEE-L showed comb on which bees
>have crashed from varroa and have displayed parasitic mite syndrum (PMS)
>signs will crash from virus

Judy Chen's presentation at CSBA showed how viruses are found in honey,
wax, and pollen.  Good thing to keep in mind.  But Bob, I haven't seen a
case of what I'd call PMS in quite a few years.  Curlywing collapse,
yes, but not full-blown PMS.  Are you others seeing it?

Randy Oliver