Print

Quoting Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>:

>Donald Clarke, in some apparent anguish:
>
>>IS THERE NO END TO THE COLLECTING?!?
>
>Nominated for rhetorical question of the year!

You know,I am sure that Donald and Richard were speaking tongue in cheek,
but on the othe hand, I was just sitting around the other day thinking
about the sheer volume of music to which I have access. I have more than
500 UNOPENED cds and dvds, and I get 50 or so new items each month.  Add
that to the wealth of music that I have access to online and at the radio
station for which I work...It does make me wonder...why?  I couldn't
possibly listen to everything I have, and yet, I still enjoy getting
more.  Why indeed do we collect?

PS.  For those of you into such things...the new Zbigniew Preisner CD
on EMI is rather interesting.

Kevin