Don Satz wrote:

>The one cadenza that usually sticks in my mind is that used by Annie
>Fischer in her EMI recording of the 1st movement of Mozart's piano
>concerto no. 21.  I found it unusual and very beautiful and dynamic.
>Does anyone recall the source of that cadenza?

I have a clear memory of cadenzas for the Mozart piano concertos being
identified in the Gramophone Catalogue.  The earliest of those I still
have is one from 1964 by which time the practice had, apparently, been
discontinued.  If someone has an earlier one, that may have the information
Don seeks.

Richard Pennycuick