Felix Delbrueck wrote concerning my list of revelatory Mozart records:

>I know some of the recordings you mentioned above (I probably have
>listened to only a fraction of the recordings you have), and while I
>agree that many of them are very good indeed, I would doubt whether they
>are revelatory in the sense of giving a blinding flash of understanding as
>to what the composer was about.

To me, a revelatory performance is one which brings to light one or more
facets of a composition not found in other recordings.  I listen to a
performance and simply find new avenues in it.  Sometimes it might be a
"blinding flash" as in the Huggett version of the Sinfonia Concertante,
sometimes an overall conception as with the Mosaiques.

Don Satz