HI Bee Guys and Gals,

I have one hive that the ants are in. Put it on a new
stand today and could see the big black
ants making a trip from bottom into the top one right
after another.  Do any of you have good
suggestions for dealin with this problem.  Someone
mentioned putting the legs of the stand in
small cans of oil...vegie oil or recyled auto oil.....Any
ideas are welcome.

I learned the hard way that the best time to work the
hives is in the heat of the day when the bees
are busiest.....we had been working them in the cool of
the evening and found they were really testy.
Today worked them in hot PNW weather..all of 70'....and
other than about melted in the bee suit, I
wasn't stung at all...but my husband who stood back some
distance at my beck and call (just joking)
ended up getting stung in the chest.  That's why he
doesn't do his bees....and I have gotten "stuck" doing
his hobby!  The bees love him.....nail him every time he
gets near and he doesn't wear after shave or any
of that stuff....could be his bald shiney head that
attracts their attention!

Thanks guys for all the good info..and especially to
those who have responded to some of my questions..
We now have 4 hives with 4 supers on two and three on
two...having started out with 2 boxes of bees
in April..never dreaming there was this much work to
beekeeping!

Thanks,

Meri