Hello,
I am a labor and delivery nurse working in a small facility in Italy.
My unit often suggests that our mothers use olive oil for sore and
cracked nipples.  Does anyone have any references for literature or
studies on how olive oil works to speed the healing process or why
olive oil is even suggested for this purpose?

Thanks for the input,
Letitia Robinson