Hi all I quite agree with Larry Connor ... > 2. Most beekeepers are not very well educated about using queen bees, >and would rather listen to someone with an "easy" method rather than read a ... What I believe the most significant concerning the young queens is to understand that they are "young"! I do not very like the (bad) antropomorphic comparisons, but that, the bee-keepers always understand it. If you compare a young queen with a thirteen year old girl (they are young but they lays eggs !), they immediately see the difference with a woman of twenty-five, thirty years. No difficulty ... but here we have the same difference! If you place this young girl in a mafia of a great quantity of hurdy-gurdies bitches and that you their known that she'll be their future head. They will kill it on the first occasion. You'll get no problem if you put them in a group of gentle teenagers (very young, nurse or emerging bees)! Understand ? Then "forewarned is forearmed" and pay great attention when these queens are not yet surrounded by her offspring (at least 21 days). On this subject, the 1950 article (in German - full article in 1950, in English (abstract only) 1951, and in French -full article in 1952) of Brother Adam is ALWAYS UP-TO-DATE: you will be able to read it on the URL: http://fundp.ac.be/~jvandyck/homage/artcl/FAintroBW51en.html an abstract in English http://fundp.ac.be/~jvandyck/homage/artcl/FAintroSBZ50de.html Die Artikel auf deutsch http://fundp.ac.be/~jvandyck/homage/artcl/FAintroBA52fr.html l'article en français Hoping for how this will help to avoid the killings of this lot of poor young queens! Jean-Marie Van Dyck <<[log in to unmask]> list-owner of the french speaking list ABEILLES to subscribe send SUBSCRIBE ABEILLES in the body of a mail to [log in to unmask] multilingual (6 different languages) homage to Brother Adam on http://fundp.ac.be/~jvandyck/homage.html