While some people claim to have had success by mixing drawn and undrawn comb
(and I have no reason to doubt them), my experience has been that putting
drawn and undrawn comb in the same super is a recipe for a mess.

What I have generally observed to happen is that the bees build on the cells
in the drawn comb to produce a frame that is too thick to remove without
removing the adjacent frames.  The result is a "Chinese Puzzle" super that
can only be assembled and disassembled in a specific order (if it can be done
at all).

W. G. Miller
Gaithersburg, MD