[log in to unmask] wrote:

> This sounds like the way to go.  I never thought about practicing on drones.
> But, how do you hold them by the thorax and also paint the thorax?  It seems
> as if my fingers would be in the way.
> Richard

This is probably a no-no, but I have for many years simply picked up
queens by the wings and gently put a dot of quick drying paint onthe
thorax.  Then after a couple minutes to let the paint dry you release
the queen.  I have never had a problem with this method beyond
occasionaly getting a little paint on my fingers.

Tom

--
"Test everything.  Hold on to the good."  (1 Thessalonians 5:21)

Tom Elliott
Chugiak,  Alaska
U.S.A.