Michael Stein wrote:

>BTW, someone mentioned a Richter recording of D.  959.  I remember reading
>an interview with Richter, in which he said he didn't care for this sonata
>and didn't play it.  Can someone confirm that there is a recording of him
>playing this one?

As far as I know, there is no recording of D.959 by Richter.  Whoever
mentioned it, probably, mis-typed the number.  I have two performances of
D.958, one from 1958 on the Memories set and another from the early 70th
on JVC (now on Olympia).  Both are terrific, though I slightly prefer the
later one.

ML