This has got to be a first, for UK soaps at least.

Judy in Coronation Street who had twins in December was, apparently,
bottle feeding. But tonight she started a new job behind the bar at the
Rovers Return, as Gary has lost his job and they are in dire straits.
Reluctantly,  she  left Gary with the babies - and Gary handed her a breast
pump as she went. 'You might need this - we could run out,' he said. Then
in a scene with Judy at work, colleague Betty glances down at Judy's blouse
- 'hey, love, you're leaking! ' Judy rushes off, and then comes back again
a few minutes later, and leaning over to Jim, who has come in for a quick
pint, asks confidentially, 'you can't see I've got tons of toilet paper
stuffed down my bra, can you?'

It's all done with sympathy and low-key gentle humour.

I cheered!

It is, let's face it, unlikely that she relactated, and it looks as though
the script editors have just decided to have her bf as a normal, natural
thing...maybe not realising the lack of realism here - but who cares? I'm
going to visit some of the Coronation Street websites and see if there's
anything more about it

Heather Welford Neil
NCT bfc Newcastle upon Tyne UK