Date: Tue, 02 Mar 1999 22:16:30 -0500
From: Susan Keith-Hergert <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: benadryl for sleep and multinationals

Just want to say that all of this talk about Benadryl for baby sleep
reminds me of "Clan of the Cave Bear" when the women needed to be able
to hold ritual all night without interruption and...gave all of their
babies an herbal sleep concoction of sorts. Does anyone else recall
this? My guess is that this sort of thing is quite common...for
occasional relief...don't think it would be good every night. i think
every mom I've ever talked to has admitted, sheepishly, to something of
this sort. Dimetapp is another time honored favorite.

I love the multinational thread that we are on now. This month I was
asked to do a "call to social action" at our church. I talked about
that...how breastfeeding was a statement that says to the multinationals
"we can do just fine without you!" All the young, breastfeeding moms in
the congregation came up after service and thanked me profusely....they
needed to feel they were doing something for the world and this was the
confirmation they sought. There is a reason for multinationals to impede
lactation at every turn...and don't kid yourself...if we can produce
this "first food" for our babies we just might get uppity and start
growing food for ourselves...then we might start making our own
clothes...the possibilities are limitless!

Susan Keith-Hergert in Cincinnati where it is Rainy and cold.