Date:         Tue, 16 Feb 1999 11:19:37 -0600
Sender:       Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Kathy Dettwyler <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Early menarche

>The new studies, however, suggest that bottle-feeding might also
contribute to the early onset of menstruation."

Several comments:
(1)  It's specifically LACK OF BREASTFEEDING, rather than bottle-feeding
that "might also contribute"
(2)  Earlier age at menarche is detectable whenever nutrition and health
improves, even in the absence of a switch from breastfeeding to
bottle-feeding with formula
(3)  The original post that began this discussion was whether HORMONES in
BEEF (and later CHICKEN) could contribute to earlier menarche, as opposed
to simply more protein in the diet