Hello I'm new to B-L  :) my name is Andrew I am 24 and have been keeping bees since I was 10 years old. and since then I have turned a long time hobby into a business. we have around 70 colonies of bees. My wife Tiffany does all the candles. it is exciting. a lot of work but very rewarding. we mostly do flea markets and craft shows to sell our honey, we wholesale a lot. we got close to 4000 pounds from the spring/summer flow.  we are now trying to devise a gift package of some sort. we found that we do well at flea markets but most people at flea markets seem to be looking for deals or a cheap gift. anyone have ideas ? we like how  Walter T Kelly has the wooden gift crates for honey so who knows, add in a little honey filled candy, honey stix > ? other then that our bees are doing well, still getting APISTAN in and terra patties, I probably won't take honey from the fall flow. I would rather my bees be healthy and have plenty of honey stores, cause going back and feeding 70 colonies in January because I took to much honey in the fall is no fun. so anyway anyone else having problems with their bees ? mites ?   ....

what is honey going for in your area ?
what are you charging for pollination ?
anyone killing other bees for $$$ ? like wasps/hornets ? if so what do you charge ? what is your method ? because I get lots of calls for getting rid of wasps etc.

talk to all you fellow beekeepers later.

Andrew