Hi Bee People, My Bees will be shipped to me on Monday the 20th. Two four pound packages with queens. I need some advice. I have no drawn foundation, there is some in one of last years hives but it has some mold on it. I do however have ten frames with honey from last season. Should I place some of the frames with honey into the bottom supers and then place a second super above that and allow the Bees to draw out the foundation above or should I place the frames with honey in the upper super? I will be feeding with syrup as well as "Crisco Patties". I have real pollen as well as pollen substitute. How should I feed the pollen and the substitute? Some may remember I posted this past winter about one hive having been completly empty after only a few weeks. Some suggest ed that perhaps it was do to "T. mites" others said I had provided to much room for the bees. I lost my second hive due to bad luck and being stupid. I started to feed syrup in February. My hive was tipped forward so and moisture would run out. What this did was allow for the vacuum to be broken in the fed pail and the syrup ran down over the cluster and the bees died from the wet and cold. I know stupid I remind myself of this everytime I see the empty hive. So if anyone can address the above questions I would help greatly. Thank You... Gary C. Lewis Duke Center, Pa.