Hi All--
When I enthusiastically mentioned that I used the Breastfeeding Decision Tree, I was actually thinking of another tool, also by a Canadian author, that is posted at the local hospital and which I use a lot. This is in JHL, June/95 and is called "Supplementation of Breastfeeding Newborns: a Flow Chart for Decision Making" by Jacki Glover. I also, however, very much like Jack's article in JHL June/96 "Decision Tree and Postpartum Management for Preventing Dehydration in the 'Breastfed' Baby." I find it very common sense and helpful, especially when discussing options with physicians or nurses.

Leslie Ayre-Jaschke, BEd, IBCLC
Peace River, Alberta, Canada