Date: Sun, 29 Mar 1998 17:38:04 -0500
From: Rich Green <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Bridle Rosettes

To All,

We recently recovered several brass bridle rosettes and other related
tack hardware during a survey near an 18th century battlefield.  These
artifacts are similar to and recognizable as those associated with the
Civil War era; however, I have been unable to find reference dating them
as far back as the late 18th century.

The rosettes vary in size and have a raised oval, rather nondescript
motif.  There are also two brass roller buckle guards with a raised
heart motif.  I have seen this very artifact bearing the heart motif
associated with CW artifact collections. Does anyone know of a reference
to these types of artifacts dating to the mid to late 18th century?

As always, thanking you all in advance for your amiable assistance.

Regards,

--
Rich Green
HAR, Co.

"The end result of try is tried...the end result of do is done"