<< I went back at this past Spring and have right now a weak hive and a
 very strong hive.  Requeened the weak hive and now see the first new
 brood cells.  But I'm afraid I may be too late to get a new program off
 the ground in the weak hive.

Here is a simple way to beef up a weak hive with the help of a strong hive:
 You have already taken care of the queen problem by requeening the weak
hive.  Now give her a helping hand by swaping positions between the two
hives.  When the field force returns the next day, these bees will go to the
position their old hive was in when they return.  That gives the powerful
field force to the weaker hive and a great helping hand.  The strong hive
won't suffer too much as they have a lot of brood already and will be back up
to snuff quickly.

Janice Green
...Of Bees, Beekeepers and Food
http://users.aol.com/queenbjan/primbees.htm