Someone writes:
<< Finding eggs is an absolutely essential skill for new beekeepers to
master.
  In my opinion it is the most basic mandatory inspection task >>
       Once upon a time, I would have agreed with this statement.  Now that I
am well into middle age, I can no longer see eggs in combs unless I wear
magnifying glasses.  (Younger people will not understand this!)
      So I look for the larvae bathing in their food at the bottoms of cells
of young brood instead of searching for eggs.
Tim
Tim Sterrett
Westtown, (Southeastern) Pennsylvania, USA