With all the frustrations we face and excuses a mother may make regarding not
to breast feed..I thought you all would appreciate this heart warming story
of devotion.  About 6 weeks ago we had a young couple deliver a baby a few
weeks early.  The umbilical cord had a small leak for quite a while baby was
still in utero causing severe damage to the brain stem.  She was transferred
to a level 3 unit and diagnosis is grim with her little life expected to be
very short.  Mom has been diligently pumping her breasts and feeding her
daughter via a gastric tube.  She is devoted to her and desires to provide
her the best even though she will never grow up or learn to suckle.
 Thank-you to all regarding my questions about insursance coverage a while
back.  This is not the original case I had referred to about pump
reimbursement...but the info will come in handy for this couple as will for
many others.  We'll see how the insurance company handles this!
Sharon Lemon