I tried using mineral oil on my bees and was surprised by 1) the uproar
it caused ( it appeared to disrupt the hives for the rest of the day),
and 2) the several dozen dead bees on the bottom boards 1/2 hour later!
I was really concerned that I might have done in the queen but it
appears that the ones that died were the ones hit directly by the oil as
I applied it. Still I have some concerns about using oil for this
reason. I used a honey bear squeeze jar to apply but perhaps the hole
was too big? The mineral oil was labled as being for "intestinal use".
Any suggestions?