>I have a mom who is bf a 8 month old and says the daycare workers told her
>some bottles of milk she has sent have a sour smell.
We have discussed this at quite length few months ago.  Many mother's milk
after defrosted, no matter what container she uses, smells a little sour and
is not the sweet tasting milk as fresh, 24hr. milk is.  Sometimes odors from
the various things in the freezer can alter the smell and taste of the milk.
 The breakdown of the mother fats in the milk change it also.  Every mother
is different.  There are some babies that will refuse any milk unless it is
fresh, 24hrs.  There are other babies that will take any milk no matter how
stored.  Taste the milk some time.  I once had to do a trial breastmilk
tasting evaluation.  It was amazing how different each milk can taste,
including that soapy, sour taste.  And that was done with same milk stored at
different lengths of time  and in different containers.  Tell the child care
it is not bad milk.  It is much better than formula.  Good-luck

Pat Bull, RN, IBCLC
The Breastfeeding Connection, Medela, Inc.
Naperville, IL