Happy holidays,
   My husband and I are palnning to adopt; we recently recieved several
referrals from Pennsylvania DSS, one of whom is a baby (7 mo old) who is on
lactose free formula. While this certainly might not work out, I would like
to be prepared with information. Can a baby who needs lactose free formula
bf? I am not pumping so I don't anticipate producing a large amount of
breastmilk. Also, I have a dairy allergy and eat no dairy products - would
that help or make no difference? Any information would be appreciated.

    Heidi Gleber, LLLL