>>Resting breastfluid (liquid capable of being expressed) is not nipple
discharge. To be significant, nipple discharge needs to be a DISCHARGE:
something you find spontaneously oozing out and staining clothes<<

Maureen,
Thank you for that clarification. You are absolutely right, though I've never
heard the term "resting fluid" before; I certainly meant what could be
expressed, and not a spontaneous discharge.   Your comments on the different
colors and other correlations is also fascinating; someone should publish
some research on this!  So much of my peripheral knowledge is
anecdotal..........

-Lisa Marasco, BA, LLLL, IBCLC