Hi everyone,
     I have two questions which I hope you can help me with.  1. I have a
mother who delivered last week and is need of a varicella vaccine.  She
refused it in the hosp. until I could show her proof that it would not harm
her nursing baby. Can you bf after getting a varicella vaccine?  2.  Another
mother who delivered 2 days ago is on a heparin drip for thrombophlebitis and
is being converted over to coumadin.  Can she bf safely? Thanks in advance.
Betty Emmons  R.N.IBCLC in Oakland, Maine where it was 98 degrees today!