Andy Nachbauerand and all:

I am concerned about my hive (1) swarming.  I only get up to it every
couple of weeks.  This is where I am at present.

I started with a four frame nuc.(new queen) in a deep body, with six frames of
foundation, and fed all the 1/1 syrup they would take (about a quart a
day).  In two weeks they were working hard on the tenth frame, so I put
on a ten frame super, no excluder.  The last I knew the bees were still
taking a lot of syrup and a lot of the bees were foraging and were coming
back with pollen that I could see.  There is no flow on now but the bees
seem to be doing O.K.  I am trying to get them built up by the first of
July when the star thistle flow should start.

It seems by what I read my best solution might be to split the hive then
recombine the two at the end of the year.  If yes then when and how?

All input appreciated.

Jeffrey