Thank you Ros Escott for sharing the story of a breastfed teenager becoming
such a wonderful mother.  I have been banging my head against the wall on a
teen pregnancy task force for our school district.  Our mission, which was
decided for us, is to keep these girls in school.  When I have spoken up for
supporting teenagers in their mothering, even if that means dropping out of
school, or at least taking a break for a while, I am eyed with suspicion.
 When I have said that helping these mothers to be the best mothers they can
be is the best thing we can do in terms of prevention (for the next
generation) I have received the oddest looks.  Thank you for pointing out
that sowing the seeds is so important.

Lesley Robinson, IBCLC, LLL Leader
Corning, NY