I had the same concerns over the past year about how to ask about feeding
plans. I used to say, "Do you plan to breastfeed or use formula?" but hated
the implication of equal billing!! Now I simply ask, "Do you have any
questions about breastfeeding?"  Most mothers either: a) Do, and ask.
                     b) Can't think of any immediately, but will write them
down and                         ask next visit.
                     c) State they plan to use formula, and usually say why,
which                         gives me an opportunity to debunk myths and
offer support if                         necessary.
I feel better with this approach as it emphasizes the norm, but would love
to hear of other ideas, and of comments on this approach.   TIA.
P.S. I'm NO MAIL for a few weeks so please cc. private E-mail. thanks Diana