I have just been listening to a report on the national radio about the
sensitisation of young children to peanuts, causing dangerous allergies in later
life. At one point they mentioned that two formula/baby food manufacturers had
removed peanuts and nut oils from' all their products'A paediatrician on the
programme talked about a child of 5 months whose allergies had been caused by
the parents giving it peanut butter. 'My daughter will not be having peanut
butter until she is 4 or 5 years old' he said. Neither breastfeeding nor
bottle-feeding were mentioned once.

I have certainly heard rumours that peanut oils are used in formula. Does any
one out there have any references or thoughts on the matter?

Veronika Tudhope, Kilmarnock, Scotland