I taught a class at the Florida International University yesterday and after
I explained that drugs during labor effect the baby's motor skills hense his
ability to organize his suck swallow and breath, a student asked me.

"If epidurals can effect the baby's ability to to suck, why do the hospital
staff and doctors tell you that they do not effect the baby?"

What I said and what I felt were two different things.  I said, I wasn't
really sure, that this information was fairly new and hopefully they will
recognize it in the near future.

Heidi C. Lunn M.S.
Nutritionist
LLL Leader