HOw true were Jan Barger's words.  I experienced much the same, even thou
the doc never said GREAT JOB until he saw me at 6 weeks pp!  (I wonder why
it took him so long? Do you suppose he was intimidated by the b...h of a
nurse who tried to tie my hands down when I reached for my baby? (I wasn't
zonked, no meds, totally awake, sitting on table, etc).

I belive and have observed so many times, that empowering mothers with
breastfeeding accomplsihes similar highs and ones that tend to last longer
and are just as fondly recalled.  See those shining eyes and proud
countenances on mothers who never believed it possible that their precious
babes could grow on nothing more than mom's own milk--so invisible to all
but those who hear the gurgles and swallows and sighs of contentment as
hands open like miniature flowers and the babies slide into the lap in
total satiation?

Come on, folks, let's hear it for all we do to empower mothers to relearn
to trust themselves, their bodies, their milk AND their babies to let them
know what they need.  Isn't that what we are really all about?

(You're right, Jan, the air up here is THIN!  :-)

Def. of LC service: "We are all faced with a series of great opportunities
brilliantly disguised as impossible situations."
Kathleen G. Auerbach,PhD, IBCLC (Homewood, IL)- [log in to unmask]
WEB PAGE: http://www.mcs.com/~auerbach/lactation.html