Greetings from the foggy coast of Maine:

To follow up on Kathy Dettwyler's message detailing the sources of the
alleged 5% of women with so-called "insufficient milk":

Betty Crase, Director of La Leche League's Center for Breastfeeding
Information, did a session on "hot topics" I went to at last summer's LLLI
Conference. Her bibliography included the sources Kathy D. described, plus
many others. Bottom line: there is NO research verification for that 5%
figure. The complete bibliography is in the CERP sessions syllabus; I assume
anyone who is interested could get a copy from LLLI. Anyone who wants only a
few references can e-mail me privately. (Sorry if this has been sent in
already.)

Kate Pennington, LLLL