hi all:

here in Holland and Germany, there is a common procedure for biological control
of Varroa mites. The queen is locked up
( by means of a piece of gauze) on a drawn out drone comb,
and so has to lay it full of eggs. The gauze is then removed and the cells are
tended by the workers. Before the cells are
closed, a number of Varroa mite
females find their way into the drone cells ( attracted by the smell of drone
brood);

After closure of the cells, the comb
contains a large number of Varroa mites.
The frame is then removed and put in the freezer for a few days to kill both
larvae and mites.
Alternatively, the wax is recovered in a sun wax melter and the mites killed in
the process..

The english name of this procedure is what I am currently looking for. In
Holland its the "Arrestraam" method, while our german neighbours refer to the
"Bannwabe"..

your reply in Email to address below please

sincerely, Hugo
 --
               \|/
               @ @             Hugo Veerkamp