One of the best resources on-line about birth defects is the March of Dimes
page at:

http://www.noah.cuny.edu/pregnancy/pregnancy.html

Of course, the March of Dimes thinks sickle-cell anemia is a "birth defect,"
and I never let my son with Down Syndrome be a local spokesperson for March
of Dimes because I'm not interested in viewing him as an abomination that
should be prevented....but really, this is a good site, with lots of info
about many different conditions.

-------
Katherine A. Dettwyler, Ph.D.                         email: [log in to unmask]
Anthropology Department                               phone: (409) 845-5256
Texas A&M University                                    fax: (409) 845-4070
College Station, TX  77843-4352