Someone asked about fat and early return of menses--estrogen is produced
by adipose tissue, so levels will be higher in heavier women and may
cause earlier return of bleeding.

I had 21 months of LAM despite returning to work (exclusively
breastfeeding with lots of night nursing).  A good friend of mine has had
3 periods in 10 years, one between each child, also an employed mom and
LLL leader.  I've come to believe that women were not really designed to
menstruate very often--we're probably physiologically supposed to begin
menstruating around age 17-18 (nutrition has brought this age down
considerably in the last century) and be either pregnant or lactating
most of the time until menopause.  Any comments Dr. Dettwyler?

--
Anne Montgomery, M.D.
Olympia, WA