I am not aware of replies from HMBANA, but there also are data that show
that pastueurizing human milk kills HIV. Therefore the adamant mother
wishing to breastfeed who also happens to be HIV + could breastfeed if she
pumped/expressed her milk and pasteurized it.  Loss of antibodies due to
pasteurization would be less than total and baby would still get her milk,
but NOT HIV.

Def. of LC service: "We are all faced with a series of great opportunities
brilliantly disguised as impossible situations."
Kathleen G. Auerbach,PhD, IBCLC - [log in to unmask]