Ginny: This is not a suggestion for coaxing baby back to the breast he's
refusing (I'll leave that to our more experienced LC colleagues), but I
seem to recall reading somewhere that refusal of one breast occasionally
occurs when there is breast cancer on that side. I don't think I can
readily put my finger on the reference, and if anyone out there knows,
please feel free to chime in. If this mother's age (e.g. over 25 or 30) or a
family history makes breast cancer a possible diagnosis, I would recommend
that she be evaluated. Alicia. [log in to unmask]