I'm a new beekeeper this year.  I've been reading Bee-L for several
months and know someone out there has an answer to my question.

I have two hives.  One seems to be acting normally.  The other doesn't
seem ro follow the book.  The bees in one hive are hanging all over the
front of the hive body.  I've added suppers (without queen extruder)
the make more space and it helps for a short time. I've raised the top
of the hive to increase vetilation and that hasn't helped. The
population in the hive has increased considerably over the past three
months so I've got an active queen, I'd guess.  The weather here in
North Carolina has been very wet this past month.  Rain almost every
day and hot and sticky.  I'm wondering if the temperature and high
humidity could be the problem.

The other hive doesn't seem to have the large population that the hive
in question has.  Oh, it has some tenants hanging around the front
porch too but nearly as many as the hive in question.

Anyone got any ideas as to what's happening.

P B Wainwright                              N4CKM
Creedmoor, N.C.