I, too, am looking for estimates of the cost savings from breastfeeding,
in order to convince those to whom such things are the only way to get
attention.  The only thing I found was a copy of a letter that Miriam
Labbok had written to the NY Times after its August article, in which she
estimated that 2 to 4 billion dollars would be saved if all babies in
this country were breastfed for at least 12 weeks.  Unfortunately, she
did not give references.  I have written to her for details, but have not
heard back yet.  Any other input on savings estimates or stats would be
greatly appreciated.  Thanks, Alicia.   [log in to unmask]