Hi Judy

Yes, you're right, nystatin is for candida, and is quite 'narrow spectrum'
whereas clotrimazole and most other antifungals are broad spectrum and are
active against a host of different fungal agents. I have found that treating
candida with nystatin is sometimes frustrating as it doesn't seem to work -
not just on candidia of the breast, but also nappy and vaginal candidia.
I know a lot of my local gynaecologists are not suggesting nystatin anymore
as a firstline treatment for vaginal thrush as it seems to take longer to
work and have more failures than using a broad spectrum one. What have other
people experienced?